Monday, August 30, 2010

As my fiction professor said, it's always good to begin with the seasons...

And so it is a summer night... My body is sore from working out and I'm too lazy to read another page from my film theory book. I begin to shift uncomfortably on my chair. Not because I am procrastinating and feeling guilty about it, but of something else that's pinching my left butt cheek. That annoying thought... So powerful, it spreads southward from the neurons in the brain.

Like hell can I believe this...

One day. Just one day of complete freedom to mess around with my closet before the foreseen apocalypse.

Few things to know about me is that I'm terrible with blogs. Period. I've tried a couple of blogs previously and they all just end up ignored, abandoned, forgotten. Ever since high school, I've had scores of friends joining this frenzied phenomenon and never really knew what it curtailed into their lives. Was it the freedom to bitch about someone else? Was it the desire to digitize memories?

Why do we blog? What do we blog about? What do we expect to get from blogging?

For me, it's rehab. I need to rid myself of clothes. I've been so caught up with materialism that after two semesters and a summer break, my bank account was practically yelling "What the fuck is going on here?!" By doing this, I get a sense of salvation. This tiny little plant called "Hope" struggling to grow out from the crevices of my obsession.

Don't get me wrong, I still adore clothes. But there's a fine line that separates passion and downright addiction. If I'm addicted to clothes, I'd be wishing for a wardrobe the size of Disneyland. But if I'm passionate about clothes, then I think I can snuff out six pieces every month.

This brings me to the project that I'm participating in. Some of you folks might've heard it before, or maybe even been a part of it: It's called the "Six Items or Less Experiment" where people from around the world pick only six items from their wardrobe, and wear those same items for a month.

There are exceptions to these:
1. Undergarments (imagine if these were to be part of the six items... Shudder...)
2. Swimwear
3. Work-out clothes.
4. Uniforms.
5. Outer jackets (rain slickers, winter coats, down jackets... you get the idea.)
6. Shoes
7. Accessories (Ties, hats, shades, necklaces, bangles, bags, the whole shabang...)

And here's the link to the website if any of you are interested:

http://sixitemsorless.com/the-project/

I have only one qualm to the list... Do tank tops count as undergarment? Because, technically, they are worn within tops. Though I don't deny I've gone out wearing only two (even three) layers of tanks. But for project purposes, I shall assume that tank tops count as one garment to the six items until some expert decides to tell me otherwise.

One boy. Six clothes. Every month. For a year.

Gawd... I hope I can survive this...




3 comments:

  1. Ganbatte ne, Hannie Senpai~~*!

    looking forward to your pictures and future posts..!!! =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, very nice!!! The madness has begun! How has it been going so far??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too bad, I still have ideas on how to mix-and-match my stuff so it's okay... For now. LoL

    ReplyDelete