Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 10: The issue about sneakers...

So... I'm on time. What took me so long I wonder?

~

Respect.

Dead, or alive? Everyone should practice it, shouldn't they? Should I blame my own incompetence in conversations? I realize that my ability to speak is marred by the fact that I'm hanging around too often with fellow Malaysians. Or is it? I enjoy their company immensely, no doubt about that. The error doesn't lie there. Still...

There's something about the way certain Nebraskans communicate that irks me. I don't know why. Maybe it's wrong to generalize. But I shan't reveal their names. Maybe my upbringing's to blame. I have been raised and bred in a culture that warns me not to put my feet to the level of another's chest, especially when the other's sitting on that chair. It's just... rude. Am I wrong to maintain such sentiments?

Yes, I am wrong. Biased, maybe. Incorrect to assume that whenever people lift their shoes and place them on my armrest, I should be indifferent to it. Though isn't it ironic that people preach about hygiene when those pair of sneakers might've just exited the lavatory? Ignorance is bliss in this example I suppose.

And then, they complain when they become ill. What charming little children they are! I almost certainly feel the necessity to tuck them in bed and shove that spoonful of sugar down their throats.

Respect is so fragile. So insignificant, it seems. Though... is it worthy of concern?

No comments:

Post a Comment