Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 18: Quilts and Ice Cream

Take that for an optical illusion. Who knew something so country could look so techno?

So I visited the Quilt Center with SY and Azrina. The exterior looked astounding, so I was a little disappointed with the exhibits. I mean, I am not seeing the 3700 quilts the center so promotes--if most of them will be in storage for the next ten years (I'm not exaggerating here), why bother highlighting a quilt not available in all three levels? Although, we did stumble upon a couple (what I would call...) futuristic pieces. Azrina has all the pictures so I'm hoping that'll come up soon.

After the little adventure at East Campus, we then head over to the Haymarket Area, where we just had to go for Ivanna Cone's. Neither had been there before, so I saw it as good excuse to indulge once more. Maybe I should bring more transfer students from Malaysia more often... Then again, I don't have that many coupons...

It had been a wonderful day~ Though I've yet to kick the habit of sleeping late... Heck, I needs to shower now!

No comments:

Post a Comment