Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 31: What an inglorious way to end the last day of March

Well, I don't have pictures for today either, that's because I woke up at friggin' 6pm. Yes, I missed my class for today (luckily, I only have one class to attend on Thursdays). Oh, and I realized I should've at least mention what I wore yesterday even though there weren't any pictures to solidify my claim... Well, it was the striped singlet and the blue Y-neck shirt. And the pair of jeans. And my... not-so-white pair of shoes. Without socks. With a lot of talc powder. It works... aromatically.

I'm just annoyed with myself for being unable to participate in what would have been a very interesting class discussion on the feminist interpretation of the Arthurian legend--Mists of Avalon. Sure, the number of pages can be a quick turn off but the characters are so moving! At first glance, Igraine might've been some ordinary housewife who's (soon to be) the unwilling wife of Uther Pendragon and mother of the future High King of Britain. Bradley did a stupendous job changing that part of the legend. Igraine actually wants to be with Uther, not with Gorlois. And her character just shines through above all the other whiny knights and rulers of pre-Round Table Londinium.

I just love that woman's attitude. For instance, she likes it when Uther asked Gorlois to divorce her so Uther could marry her. But at the same time, she's equally mad at Uther for daring to request this without even asking her consent to the matter. Sooooooo feministic... all the more reason why I'm hooked by the first five chapters (which spans for about 70 pages... not a light read).

And the fact that Bradley treats religion (well, Christianity mainly) through a feministic lens is eye candy for me. Her arguments are sound and she points out the many ironies--things English majors live for and by. Sigh... I swoon over great literature...

Alright, I've had and still am having my caffeine so I'm pumped for tonight! And I shall be posting my clothes for April tomorrow~ April's about to look more... floral-sy... if there ever was such a description. The stakes are higher... I suppose, considering how difficult it will be for me to not get sick of them by the end of April, as I am of March's selection.

More colors? Yes. But the individual pieces stand out in themselves, so it would exactly make a lot of sense to layer it with even more accessories...

Argh... I guess you'll find out what I mean by tomorrow... Good night and good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment