Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 12: Ice Barrage



The weather forecast definitely did not prepare me for the snow tonight. I wouldn't have gone with wool if I had prior knowledge of this, because I had to walk all five minutes back from the Lied Center under the weight of a million icy flakes per second.

The only reason why I even had to go out was because of a performance I never thought I'd witness - Barrage. C'est fantastique! Manu pulled out at the very last minute so Justine had me for company instead, and boy, did we get fabulous seats. Seventh row from the front, right in the middle. Thank you, Manu.

The group of eight (5 violinists, 1 drummer, 1 base guitarist and 1 on acoustics) performed a variety of genres, though most of them had a pint of Celtic infused in their music. Of course, I had to get their albums. Two albums to be precise, with their autographs. Awesome. Jane was blabbering with joy again, mostly because she got to take a photograph with the cutest member, Taylor Morris.

The only thing that would've made the entire performance better, was that if we were allowed to jump during the show. With that much energy pumped up from the stage, it's almost wrong to just stay clamped at our seats. Our butts were itching to get off. And we did, at the final song. Now, if only I didn't wear my coat...

No comments:

Post a Comment