Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16: The chicken and the egg

Rather simple today. 'Course, that's the reason why this is part of the six items, just so I could put it on without freezin' me bum off. It's deceptively warm, despite it's appearance.

I'm rather glad with last night's productivity, for I managed to complete two papers for my film theory course, when I really didn't need to do. One wasn't due until Thursday, while another was an extra credit opportunity. But I kept reminding meself if I can't get it done by Tuesday morning, I'll be damned with work on Wednesday night. And then, another miracle happened. The deadline for my American lit. final paper has been postponed till next Tuesday, right before Thanksgiving break.

YES...

But I still plan to complete it by Thursday, just so I can concentrate on the next film theory paper and my novel.

And so, while I was having my 4-minute, express dinner, I happened upon an interesting hypothesis to the nonsensical adage (from QI, where else?):

What came first? The chicken, or the egg?

Half of the world's population might disagree with me, but the answer's the egg. How so? Well, this statement is only as true as evolution is valid. Technically, chickens evolved from reptiles and there had been eggs then, before chickens. So instead of looking at the question as if chickens are the only living creatures we know besides living, a more holistic approach just solves it quite easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment