Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 14: We're Not Hiring.

After having fun with the tank top last Saturday, I just had to try it on again.


So I tried to apply for the job as a writing consultant this semester and I got a cordial reply from the coordinator that there're no vacancies at the moment. Though he did encouraged me to pursue that post next semester, which I will.

Also, there's this email I got about the Arts & Sciences Student Advisory Board and they're looking for new members. Oh, that pitiful enthusiasm I have left in my little body wailed to me... "Applyyyyyyyyy." Well, I did consider it. Along came the questions I had to answer:

1. Please list and describe two honors that you have received and two activities that you have participated in at UNL. (Freshmen are free to include high school involvement.)

2. From your knowledge of the organization, describe what you would look for in an Arts & Sciences Student Advisory Board member.

3, Please identify and describe one strength and weakness of the College of Arts & Sciences. Describe what could be done to resolve this weakness.


Now, I could pretty much answer the first question. The third question's typical, though I do need to give it some thought. The second one killed my enthusiasm. I know nuts about the organization. Frankly, I didn't even know such an organization existed! Perhaps, they did send us emails a couple of times but I receive many such emails everyday, I swiftly delete them.

Sigh...

Probably as a subconscious act of retaliating this feeble and obscure existence, I compensate by converting three of my classes into honors classes. I have five English classes. My advisor rolled her eyes. Two of which I'm upgrading into honors courses. My advisor tried to sound polite. Now, I'm planning on upgrading a third. My advisor remained silent. I think it's her way of telling me "You're insane."

Well, I don't have any activities at the moment, so it is manageable. But because I don't have any activities, I feel... inadequate. I remember doing a bunch for Malaysian Night earlier this year, man did that almost murder me. But I do want to get the best of university life, so I long to be in a club, one way or another. I'm trying to capture the best things with a sieve, and all the good parts seem to perforate through. Damn it, I should've used a mug. But hey, I'm improvising with a used Starbucks frappuccino bottle so I'll see how caffeinated life would be.


Btw, I think I'll eat the yakisoba tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment