Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 4: Off to the Market!

Pretty bold today... I ALMOST broke the rules by wearing two black tank tops because I wasn't sure if I could walk out of my dorm, showing that much skin, without drawing too much attention to myself. It is times like these when I tell myself... "You think too highly of yourself". But hey, I like the end result. The colors of the scarf pop thanks to the tank, and the fingerless gloves seem to provide the illusion of a little extra coverage for my bare arms. Need I divulge on the shades? They stand out. Finally, something I can brag about.

At 10am, my entire floor went to the Haymarket to check out the goodies. Considering that the previous night was a Friday night, only five were out and about by 10.30am. Me excluded. It took me half an hour to finally convince myself I can go out with JUST a tank top and a scarf without feeling the burden of a thousand pair of eyes.

And the best part is, no one cares! Sure there were the occasional swivel-and-turn of the neck but, really, you have to be that self-conscious as to think people are watching your every move. I think I did a rather good job with the combination and who's to say I can't wear, what I want to wear?

This reminds me of a conversation I had with Jonathan Yam last night. Great friend, always makes me laugh no matter what he does. I need more people like that, cracking me up 24/7. So anyway, Jon goes jogging with a pair of shorts and a shirt he's worn for about 5 years. As he paces himself, he notices these people running around him staring, as if a huge tub of Haagen-Dazs splattered on his head.

Watched Inception? Remember the scene where Dom's subconscious representations of city dwellers glared at Ariadne? Something like that...

What's wrong with Jon wearing the clothes he's comfortable with? Is it wrong to put on a shirt that has been loyal for half a decade? If it's not in rags, why not? I don't have pictures of myself in gym clothes but I can assure you, they're not body-hugging like most other clothes I have. I want to feel weightless as I workout, I don't want my clothes to suffocate me as I do. And if my current clothes are satisfactory, why should I get a new one just because other individuals mentally demand me to?

I buy clothes because I want to, not because someone tells me so.

Here's a philosophy:
Do you fit your clothes? Or do your clothes fit you?

I talked to Jon for a bit more and he did feel better. I just want him to know that I'll always lend an ear if he ever needs someone to talk to.

Back to the Haymarket. Mere words cannot describe the euphoria I experienced smelling bell peppers and tomatoes. Maybe that's why I'm an English major... TO LEARN. There were some nifty items here and there but I managed to prevent myself from buying unnecessary stuff.

... Save for the three in the picture below:

Milk & honey lotion for $8, roll-on fragrance for $4 and honey for $7.50. I just... couldn't resist. But I did refrain myself from buying another gemstone I didn't need, dried flowers I couldn't display and peacock feathers I don't use. My fetish for peacock feathers... If only they could be made into quills... Oh well.

Another random thing: I finished my pineapple tarts. I completely forgotten to take pictures of the tarts. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Sweet and savory, yet untouchable, tarts will NOT adorn my phone display. Jane, if you're ever reading this... I know you're as depressed as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment