Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 21: Despicable Me

I surprise myself. I'm astonishingly early today.

I keep forgetting I have a capelet stashed away in one of my unpacked boxes, and today's weather's so inviting that I thought, why not? I like the second picture a lot, not because of the whole "dark-and-mysterious" expression I put on, but because of how the mellow the color looks from the lighting.

Btw, here're the boots I wore yesterday. There was no one in the hallway and the best lighting is available right outside my neighbor's door so I quickly snapped a picture:

You can't see it clearly but these boots have heels and they just produce this beautiful tapping whenever I set foot on hard surfaces.

Okay, so why despicable me? It's because I always feel so friggin' lethargic and sleepy. Granted, I blame my all-nighters and the reason for me pulling off all-nighters to begin with is due to my unhealthy obsession with completing Kingdom Hearts on my PSP. I always find myself torn between two decisions: 1. Complete the game ASAP so that I need not worry about it. 2. The better option, which I don't follow, nothing will absolutely happen to my save file so why should I even bother completing it now?

My head had a mind of its own when it rocked to some inaudible tune during two of my earliest classes today and I couldn't even construct a short-short (meaning, ridiculously short story that's profoundly amusing) during my fiction writing class, which subsequently made me feel horrible when I handed that paper in to my lecturer. Granted, we're not graded on this but I dislike having to hand in something of inferior quality. My only consolation lay with my presentation for my Late American Lit. class, where I would like to believe I edified my classmates on Du Bois's usage of music notations to exemplify racial disharmony.

That said, I need to sleep. Considering I have nothing significant for tomorrow besides reading Eliza Haywood's Love In Excess, I would enjoy the prospects of dedicating my early evening to a light snooze. But I keep preventing myself from doing so by thinking of other activities to do, like going to the gym or cycling around. Though the more seductive temptress would, of course, be my PSP.

Lo and behold, as the PSP charms me into submission... But alas, my heart shall not waver to its sweet voice, for I shall rise above it, and claim dominance over my fatigued soul, steering it towards the direction of all that's fluffy and comfortable and fantabulously good for the darkening circles around my eyes.

One last note, it's hard to imagine how quickly time whizzes by. "One minute you're on top, the next you're sushi!" I'm sorry, that quote by Morgana from The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea just... popped up like an advert. Anyway, I only have 9 more days with these six clothes. Previously, I kept thinking "9 more days? Seriously? My creative juices are sucked dry." but now I guess that thought has evolved into something more realistic. Optimistic, almost.

I only have 9 more days with these six items.

These are going to be my final 9 days with the six items and I probably won't be wearing them for a long time, so it's high time I figure something amazing to mix-and-match the items because it might be another year before I'd get a chance to wear them again. I guess I'd just have to make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment