Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 25: Wool Coats and Ice Cream Don't Go Along.

I wanted to do this with the orange scarf, but it's nearly impossible to do a wrap with it without widening my waist. But I like how this turned out nonetheless.

So we celebrated Justine's birthday today. A small gathering of four seated around a round coffee table, where a laughing Buddha is placed atop. Cute little fellow, Manu got it from Chicago and Jane's all the more happy to receive something that amplifies her home's feng shui. Buddha beamed as we sliced the Oreo ice-cream cake, but alas, he couldn't have any because, well, he said he had a huge tummy. But he was happy for Justine. We were happy for Justine.

This little surprise worked out after all. I was charged for getting the cake while Manu and Jane prepared dinner a la Malaysia - Nasi Lemak. It's one of the most scrumptious meals I've had since returning to Lincoln, yet Manu kept saying how it didn't turn out the way he anticipated. Perhaps, but we all enjoyed every bite. The smell of sambal stuck to all of our clothes, it followed mine all the way into the closet. Delish, no?

But the ice cream cake, oh, it was an arduous task to retrieve it, for y'see... I friggin' dripped ice cream on my wool coat.

!~@#$%^

The victim, not pictured here, didn't suffer major injuries. In fact, it's such a small wound that hardly anybody noticed. Being dark-skinned helped after all. Yet, that minor injury was so minute that it was all the more sublime to me. I couldn't take my eyes off that tiny little stain.

!~@#$%^

I should mention that this didn't come from the cake. I bought ice cream for myself while I was there because, well, I was there. How can you not purchase ice cream when you're in an ice cream store? It's impolite. So really, it was my fault for getting ice cream.

!~@#$%^

I have no one to blame but myself.

!~@#$%^

Which, by the way, makes it all the more frustrating.

Speaking of frustrations, I bumped into this movie while checking out trailers on Youtube. Disturbing, creepy and intriguing. It's about a boy who discover twin girls dying due to poisoning in the school's hallway, but did nothing to aid them, merely sitting by them, watching them as blood trickles down from their noses and mouths. All this captured on his video cam. But the boy's innocent. Or, at least, he says he is. A tale about mental decline, the trailer sent tremors down my spine.

...

I wanna watch it.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Han Sen. Thanks so much. You worded the Buddha part very cutely. Hahaha. Yes, the surprise worked perfectly and I couldn't have been happier. Thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete