Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 17: LA

Alright... So I didn't sleep through the night, since my cab arrived at 4am, and I knew if I did, there's no way in hell I would've woken up considering the amount of work I had to do the previous night.

My flight to Phoenix was fine, and then it became a drag from then on. My flight to LA was delayed for two hours, but to compound that problem, the journey itself was delayed. What would've taken me 50 minutes took me two hours instead. The plane I was in was grounded for most of the time, thanks to the thick fog and heavy traffic at LAX.

Oh, and I met this guy named Jamie during the flight. Pretty nice person. Had a nice, long chat. What, with a couple of hours on the runway? He recently got into the habit of reading. Suggested him The Hours by Michael Cunningham. Breath smelled of Starbucks. He was that close for me to know. Also, his cup was protruding out of his seat pocket.

But I arrived at LA eventually, then I took a bus to the Union Station, which was huge, and after that a train to Rancho where my uncle picked me up. I would've arrived at 2pm. It was almost five when I reached my uncle's place.

Dinner was fantastic... Gawd, I've never been so happy to see fragrant rice in front of me, I would've finished it all if I could. Oh by the way, we had Thai for dinner. And these little beauties caught my attention:
Divinity... is best served with rice. I'm super gratified.

No comments:

Post a Comment