Thursday, December 2, 2010

4th Month, Days 1 & 2

"Oh my! Why, this won't do at all!"

"What won't?"

"The room! How very queer for it to not have a window!"

"Must a room have a window?"

"Oh goodness, yes, it most certainly must! How can one expect to adopt a cheery disposition without one? Why, I believe I should hang one right here."

As she walked towards the side of the wall, she rummaged the insides of her bag, and alas! she pulled out a window.

"Hang one? But how does one hang a window? 'Tis unlike a picture nor a portrait with strings behind them..."

"Oh don't be ridiculous dear. You've never hung a window before? Here, I'll show you." And as easily she removed the window from her bag, so did she hang it upon the wall. And what a marvelous view it shown! Why, one could see endless stretches of green plains and a glorious blue ceiling. And the light! Though harsh at first, became sweet, and warm, and mellow, as it welcomed itself into the once melancholic room, and filled it with the most wonderful color.

"Oh it's beautiful!"

"Quite right, my dear, quite right."
---
I felt like writing that down after watching Mary Poppins, along with a lingering memory on a word I chose to use in my fiction.

Anyway, here are... four out of six items of the month:
The reason for Dec. 1's missing post is simply because I had been severely fatigued with work. I believe I slipped into the covers without even considering to take a shower, though I very well did change into my pajamas. But in any case, those were what I wore out on Dec. 1, under the guise of the blue wool coat I frequently sport.

There are only four items at the moment, I'm afraid. The remaining two are still delayed by the weather. Y'see... I have an interview tomorrow, and me slacks haven't arrived yet. So I'm borrowing Maxwell's pair of black slacks, which are a tad too big for me. Still, I'd rather adhere to the requirements of the interview.

And here's what I wore today:
I appreciate the cardigan for its hood, not so much for its use, but more for its aesthetic quality. The same goes to the word "hang" in the excerpt above. Grammatically speaking, it is impossible to hang a window, but I wouldn't consider myself a creative writer if I limit my experimentation with words. Thus, hang a window I shall!

No comments:

Post a Comment