Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 8: That's odd...

I slept right after diner at 8.30pm. Frankly, I'm a little stunned that I even woke up from that involuntary slumber. Well, I guess it's a good thing, considering I've not posted the day's post.

Well, though it took me a year to finally go to Registration & Records to rectify the issue with my name, it is done. (So many "tos" in that last line...) Just as a shout-out to most Westerners, the Chinese do not own middle names. What seems to be the-middle-part-of-our-names is simply the second part of our first names. IF anyone is interested, I actually wrote one of my final papers on Chinese names. Really brief, but informational.

Like ANYONE would actually inquire about it...

Next, I went and confirmed my "admission" into the NSE team by signing the agreement form today. I also found out that Colleen got the job too, which is awesome, since her inaptitude to frown and consistency in being bouncy is clearly a boon we all can't live without. I'm so looking forward to this job, not just for the opportunity, but for the people that I'll be working with. The shirts might be a little too big for me though. The smallest men's was still a size too big for me. They said there might be an XS, but of course, as do everything, I'm not expecting much. Worst case scenario, I'll have it tailored. Nothing drives me nuts than clothing that don't fit.

I hope John would be alright. He seems to have a knack for getting into troubling situations whenever finals are near. Last semester, he had a cast on his right hand which was just heart-rending. This time round, his laptop failed on him and it would take, at most, ten days before he'll hear anything about it. His final paper is due, but most of the research is still in the laptop. Which is why I use emails as my secondary storage. Come on, it's not that difficult, we're utilizing the public domain for crying out loud. At any rate, it was refreshing to have the occasional "hi" from him. I don't think I've chatted with him for about a fortnight now...

At any rate, thanks to one unspecified youtube user, I am now re-watching the entire Star Wars saga. I've watched A New Hope, and am planning to continue with the remaining two shortly. I keep forgetting the whole...

Darth Vader: No Luke... I am your father.
Luke: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!

... is actually from The Empire Strikes Back, not Return of the Jedi. The scene has been parodied so many times, I cried laughing. It was pure hilarity when Luke's face twisted and curled, as the lips formed the "O" which uttered the monosyllabic agony. Sheer genius.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha.. ehh.. the "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" is from Toy Story 2 as well!!!!!!!!!
    XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yeah. But TS2 CLEARLY made a parody out of Star Wars, which was hilarious too no doubt~

    ReplyDelete