Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 11: Oh Pooh!

Apparently, the reason why we hear more Pooh and less Winnie is because the famous bear says "Pooh!" in retaliation whenever a fly rests on his nose. So I bought Return to the Hundred Acre Wood a couple of weeks ago and frankly, it's not as magical as I thought it would be. Prior to this, I have never read the originals by Milne so a comparison at the moment is out of the question, but I can certainly say that the stories in this feature lacks... lacks... something. It's like witnessing cubism. At times, it feels as if the painting is complete. But switch perspectives for a little and one might feel as if a triangle is missing at the bottom left of geometrical entropy.

I should announce that the repertoire for this week will be a tad dull, and this can be attributed to The Week To End All Weeks. In other words, I'm positively screwed for the next four days. Unless I can find a way to stay awake for... 24 times 4 equals... 96 consecutive hours, I fear I might not survive this ordeal.

Hence, posts shall be short and clothes rather modest; I just hope all turns out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment