Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 30: New wardrobe!

So the fact that I'm still alive after 30 days really do say something. Gawd I'm so glad to be able to change my wardrobe.. But here's what I wore to mark the end of the first month:
Perhaps I should sound more enthusiastic. I CAN FINALLY SWITCH MY WARDROBE!!! 8D

Forgive me for that momentary lapse of excitement, this is what I get for sleeping at 8 in the evening and waking up at 3 in the morning. Hyperactivity.

Anyway, I'll be posting my six items for October later in the morning ("later in the morning?" Huh.). Definitely having more color this time. September had been rather... bleak without the accessories, but I had fun. Though my heart races a little when I created that new folder, "October 2010," I know I'll die of joy when I preview my items soon.

As a side note, a couple of good things happened. The first would be having people truly enjoying the first chapter of my novel. I had the desired effect so I'm glad it turned out well. Maybe I should post snippets here... Hmm I'll consider it.

The next good thing, well, not inherently good to me, but I find it good anyways, is this:

"Is this?" Should be "are these." But anyway, what does a picture of a man kicking a ball and another with 3 kids seemingly bathing in a miniature waterfall have to do with anything? Allow me to give you a lil' background on this.

I visit NatGeo every now and then because I'm always on the lookout for a nice wallpaper. Japanese bamboo garden is what I see now. So while I was perusing some of the images, I encountered two that were taken by Malaysian photographers, in Malaysia.

...

That deflated balloon of nationalism and patriotism just swelled inside of me. Granted, these are not the best images I've seen, but they're still pretty good. It captures the definition of Malaysia. These images that we want to portray to the world. That shredded orange wall really does remind me of the streets in KL, where urban vandalism enjoys a symbiotic relationship with athletic fervor, or just plain bola mania. I do miss the sound of whistle blowing in mamak vendors during FIFA season.

It's always nice to see Malaysia, that sliver of hair poking out from the Southeast Asian mole, being represented in the international community. I should also mention that I encountered a NatGeo episode on a North Carolina family spending their vacation with the Iban of Sarawak. Now that's entertainment. With occasional features like these on my country, I really look forward to the day when I do not need to geographically pinpoint its location to any inquisitive individual.

"Where's Malaysia?"
"Right there."

One last thing, New York keeps pulling me in. I just can't stop thinking about NYC these past couple of days. Specifically, Hershey's on Fifth Avenue. Don't... ask... me why. I'm still trying to screw some loose bolts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment