Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 17: Latent

That's the first word that popped up when I thought of today. For some... odd reason. Strangely enough, it's the best way to describe it. "Present, but not visible, apparent, or actualized." I'd stick to the definition "actualized." That would be it.

I mean, for starters, I woke up at three in the afternoon when I have absolutely no reason to. I slept quite early- okay, perhaps 2am wouldn't normally register as "early" but compared to my regular nocturnal escapades, 2am is justified. And I wasn't up stressing over work, I fell asleep reading one of Keret's essays. Or was it Pooh? I can't remember... but I know it wasn't because of boredom. I was just plain sleepy, it's 2am, come on.

Oh by the way, nothing special from the closet today since I didn't spend most of my day out. I stayed in reading my books instead, in which, I'm ogling Austen's Persuasion now. I must confess I've never read Austen prior to this, which prolly calls for a few gasps from English majors. But hey, at least I am now. And I can see why readers adore her so much - her prose is amazing. No detail goes unexplained. Though... her play with characters' names can be a tad confusing, though one would be able to pick that up pretty quickly. (I think "though" is quickly becoming one of my most used words... Along with "I think") This is why I signed up to be an English major, just so that I can force myself to read through literature because I know, if I am a chemical engineer, or whatever other profession, there's no way I would've picked this up from a bookshelf, yet would awkwardly claim that I "more or less" know the plot of the story, when I know bollocks about Lady Russell.

No comments:

Post a Comment