Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14: Should I make it a concern of mine?

Okay, so I didn't wear the necklace today. In fact, I didn't really bother much with my clothing options today since I only had one short class. Hence, the wool cardigan works fine enough for the two minute journey back and forth Andrews. Some of you might consider this as an "item" in itself, but it's actually warm enough for me that I don't wear it indoors (I'd perspire if I did) so I'm wearing it as I would my other wool coats.

I'm a little concerned with this year's Malaysian Night. Though I've promised myself to not officially bind myself into composing another musical as I did last year, I can't exactly release the entire responsibility on the committee as well. So I offered assistance should the need arise, but I made sure they understood that it does not mean that I'll be at the helm of the production.

And so, they had a writer for the entire sketch. Ideally, the script for the production would've been completed by winter break. However, none have heard from the writer ever since the start of the semester, and he's apparently avoiding the committee. Though I've relinquish my title as director, I find it a real pity that the situation would come to this, and I can't stop feeling partly guilty for the entire break up between writer and organizer. Was there a misunderstanding? If there is, I know nothing of the sort. Yet this confounds me all the more so.

On a side note, my mother's feeling pretty darn happy lately, which is a good thing of course. I guess it's part and parcel of having secured a relatively stable economic foundation, not that we were in a state of deprivation to begin with, but it is rather pleasant to see her quirky self once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment