Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17: A convergence of personalities

I completely forgot to take a picture of what I wore today, I'm sorry. Even though it's a national holiday, I spent a majority of the afternoon and evening with my fellow NSE leaders for our little retreat at the East Campus. Basically, I wore the black turtleneck with the owl necklace. Pretty simple, really.

I can't believe how much I've missed out on campus. The East Campus looks gorgeous! It's far more picturesque than the City Campus. Even the trees look lovely in winter. It does remind me a little of the trip to Sequoia National Park, where there was nothing but trees and a splendid white expanse. In fact, walking around the East Campus brings a pleasant calmness to me, like I could breathe better all of a sudden. I would definitely enjoy a walk around the area, if only I didn't have to take a bus to get there.

But the retreat was fun. I can't think of a better word to describe it. The socializing can get a little tiresome, but the fun never stops. It's such an odd feeling that I can't even transcribe it properly, but let's just say, that it was better than my expectations. In fact, I admit that I was a little intimidated by the eight-hour retreat. I had been curious as to what we can do in so much time. But it was time well spent, for everyone got to know everyone better, and I'm glad for the diversity in personalities that gathered in the room.

In which, there was one girl who reminded me instantly of Hilda Suarez, Betty's sister from Ugly Betty. She was just too darn adorable with that sassy attitude she carried around her. Everything about her just makes me wanna laugh, or at the very least smile a lot, because she really looked as if she came out right from a television sitcom and said "Who you lookin' at?" in a feisty manner. Awesome. Just the kind of person you wanna be instant friends with.

And now, I must return to my books. My humbling books. It's Sir Thomas Malory's Le Morte D'Arthur this time, another book that I've been meaning to explore since Maura's class. Pray, that it shall be interesting enough to keep my eyelids open and to shut an impending yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment