Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24: I HAVE SO MUCH TO READ!

I'm sorry, I had to rant a little there. It's just... too much for me to absorb at the moment. But before that, here's what I had on today:

My mouth seems scrunched up in the first photo, and I look so... so... rotund in the second. Incoming eggs and pans in my direction. But that's the other necklace I've been meaning to put on for a while now. Looks different. Though I still don't know what to make of it. Hmm... it looks slightly better on this other grey turtleneck that I have. I'll be sure to try that on once I have it as one of my six items.

Alright, allow me to list the things I need done by tomorrow:

1. Finish two weeks worth of Le Morte D'Arthur. I'm so so so so behind on this.
2. Read a chapter of Paul Yoon's Once the Shore. Not a bad book, and I'm actually studying ahead, so that's comforting.
3. Write 600 words for Laurus. I'm writing a short fiction every night until Wednesday for publication. Wishful thinking on my part, but hey, I'm trying.
4. Finish my readings for NSE training and memorize all 28 majors available to the College of Agricultural Science. Gawd help me.

And here are the things I need done, well I hope to be, by Wednesday:
1. Readings for Modernity. She warned us they will be heavy. I'm so so so screwed.
2. Friggin' start on that scholarship application.
3. Edit script for Malaysian Night. I thought I washed my hands off this thing...
4. Make a Chinese New Year for grandma back home. I like to use the word grandma. It sounds so... child-like.
5. Blog. Hah. Even this is becoming tiresome. ... Kidding.
6. Find my interviewees for NSE seminar.
7. Prepare presentation for NSE seminar. <- This is my fault really, because I didn't have to do it, but I jumped in head first. Ugh...

Awesome. Now that I have listed most of the major stuff, I think I can slowly cancel them off as I complete them one by one. What an excruciating game this turned out to be.

For linguistics today, I thought about the nature of writing. Not typing to say the least, but how technology and instant messaging have transformed the way we communicate. Though more interestingly, imagine what would happen if all assignments in elementary and high schools were typed, not written? Already, at this very moment, some students' handwriting are indecipherable even by the most accomplished logographers. If dependency on the printed word increases exponentially, what then of the written manuscript? Would it cease to exist? What a frightening thought that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment