Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 7: I'm a Star Wars fan.

I keep forgetting to take pictures of what I wore during the day. An unseemly habit, I know, especially since this blog is all about pictures and clothes and what we do with them when we're dreadfully bored. At any rate, I wore mainly the black turtleneck, and never went out of my room except during lunch and dinner, both of which I endeavored a healthy conversation with a good friend of mine, Jaclyn.

I've recently developed a insatiable appetite for everything Star Wars. Well, at least the main trilogies developed by Lucas. I don't read the comics for that matter not because I dislike them, but only because I never had the reason to. I can finally say: I've watched all six films and I liked them immensely. To a certain degree, the original trilogy was far better compared to the sequels, even without impressive CGI. Though I must say that my enthusiasm for the series grew from the sleek designs of the Naboo starships from The Phantom Menace. I've always loved the royal star cruisers. Of course, any hardcore enthusiast would be critical on my rather general terminology for the starships. Hence, I shall attempt to be more specific.

Ahem.

I'm quite taken in with the elegance presented by the J-type 327 Nubian Royal Starship developed by the Theed Palace Space Vessel Engineering Corps. A representation of Nubian diplomacy and its pacifistic philosophy, the vessel carries no weapons, and relies severely on its sheer speed to elude any possible attacks. Completely covered in chromium, the yacht is a status symbol in itself, conferred only to the Queen of Naboo.

Or, in much simpler terms...

The spaceship's design was inspired by the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. Here's a comparison:

Fiction always looks so much better than fact, doesn't it? Maybe that's why I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment