Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22: I'm hooked

I went back to Red Mango again today, just because it reminded me of the desserts I used to have back in Malaysia. It's different, of course, from what I had back then. But it brought back the flavors from my memories, so that's good enough.

I was contemplative if I would've gone in just my shorts and flip flops and a hoodie, with the hood down, as I always wear it. It was snowing, so it wasn't as cold as it would've been. But it wasn't heavy, but light, like how I imagined a thin veil of silk drifting, gliding through the air as it softly falls to the ground. I went out with a pair of jeans and shoes and the hoodie.

Oh, and by the way, "hoodie" refers to the one that I only wear around the halls, or when I wake up late and am too lazy to dress up for class. It has a zipper so it's simple and fast.

Students were still flocking the place, signifying its popularity. And four of its flavors have changed, trading pineapple, coconut, tangomonium and something else for irish creme, amaretto, somona strawberries and banana. I was undecided for a combination of the first two, and the last two with vanilla. I chose the latter. The banana yogurt reminded me of cough medicine I used to take back home, though.

But it was worth the walk in the snow. I miss the flavors so, so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment