Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2: The Tournament of Roses Parade!


Hah! I'm getting high. I'm really getting high. No! I am high! I seem to be completely surrounded with an assortment of flora this winter break, and I'm conspicuously ecstatic! Every single rose bloom on the floats were perfect. Their petals were flawless. Even during the heavy downpour, they still look picture perfect. My only regret was to not have asked for a bouquet of roses to take home.

Fine, so this wasn't the actual parade on New Year's Day. But to get this close to a vivid presentation of flowers (though mainly roses, there were a hell a lot of carnations and daisies as well) was a dream come true. Well, one of many dreams.

The basket on the left of this last picture was made almost entirely out of seeds. Yeap, the colorful floats were definitely worth the soggy shoes and muddy jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment