Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 31: Fight v. Flight

The photograph from my handphone appeared far too dark to see anything, because of the backlight, so I did this.

Something fascinating happened in the hallway earlier. Well, not the exactly, but a, since it was at the 4000 building but anyway, I was looking for my interviewee's room, which I failed to locate for some odd reason, and as I turned around to check the names on the door once more, a student (or maybe a resident...) came out onto the hallway and started shouting all of a sudden. It took me a while to realize that he was venting his frustrations to "the students of UNL," and that he's urging them to "stop lying" and "be a friend."

That sent me walking back to my room.

Sure, there might have been a really small brawl, though the chances of that ever happening in the residence halls (I just remembered people don't use the word "dorms" here... hmm) are really remote. But somehow, I kept having the sensation of being followed when I was walking back to my room. My thoughts directed me straight to bed, for some reason, under the security of the covers (and I actually fell asleep... Sheesh).

When I look back, it was nothing more than a random rant, which lasted less than a minute. But that fear of it erupting into something terrifying mobilized my feet. Was it his choice of words, or just the vibes he's emitting? Can we sense anger, essentially? Well sure, there are many instances where things can be scary even without the person talking, like a stalker or a mob (I'm not making sense here for some reason... hmm).

Y'know what? I need a shower. Yes, that's what I need. I just woke up and the first thing I did was to post on my blog. No wonder my thoughts are all messed up. Sheesh...

No comments:

Post a Comment