Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc anyone?


Perhaps it had a well-established history, but what I saw in this winery was nothing more than a simple wine shop. I was disappointed. I didn't even get to taste wine. And vineyard's an overstatement. The grapevines I saw looked more like a vegetable patch in some neighbor's backyard. Then again, this is the wintry season. What could I expect?

As one can see, there weren't any tours to welcome my arrival so I basically exited the place with a bunch of papers a lecturer would've given to me should I have taken "Wine Tasting 101." The lady working there was kind enough to introduce to me some interesting facts about wine tasting though. Thank goodness I'm a reader. Now I know about the three "Ss" when drinking wine and that white oak is the preferred wood to construct barrels for wine aging.

But I had a far more constructive time with the pot of flowers on the right, as you can see from the pictures below.

That's it. My next investment shall be a Canon Powershot A480. If only it didn't consume so many AA batteries, it would've been a most treasured item. And I realized I haven't been using it at its fullest potential...

There, much better. Compared to my camera phone, this nifty little gadget produces... actually, just about the same quality of images, really. Well, just about the same when I'm taking portraits, otherwise the camera really does intensify the hues and texture of the images.

Tomorrow will be my last day at Rancho Cucamonga. Oh~ how my heart bleeds for this place. The bed which I slept on for the past three weeks is amazing. Not great for the spine but gawd does it make me sleep more. An activity I sorely miss and will miss in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment