Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23: A little everyday, goes a long way

Corny, but I guess it's true. Though I find it extremely hard to do. Well, mainly because I'm severely lazy about my work, even though I'm quite the perfectionist. In other words, they're all perfectly last-minute.

I'm not saying that the things I'm doing now are essentially last-minute work... yet. I'm still reading ahead for some of my courses. Still, there's this eminent feeling that I'll be dragging my work as I drift by the semester. I sincerely hope that wouldn't happen.

...

Wow, how very ludicrous indeed. Like I'm warning myself not to procrastinate, when I am convinced that I would, when I hope I wouldn't. Hah... Right.

Oh wow, y'know, sometimes I feel a slight bit guilty for actually typing this. But there are times when I have done pretty embarrassing things in my room when no one's around, and laugh to myself over sheer hilarity. Though I'm confident that my roomie clearly takes the trophy. I... can't even aptly describe his... tai chi movements as he listens to... "stuff" from his earphones and twirls with fantastic hand movements in front of a board full of pictures (friends, he's told me) and prayers for them. How very... kind of him to perform such a thing. I'm sure they will greatly benefit from his... dance.

Right, 2 minutes of roomie awesomeness has passed and back to things more pivotal in my life.

As I said, I tend to procrastinate. Hah! As if anyone would deny that. But, I'm actually glad that I managed to submit a story for this short fiction competition hosted by the NPR, and I'm anxious to hear the results. Granted, this is participated by thousands of writers across all fifty states, but that anxiety is paired with excitement as well. The prospects of actually seeing my short piece posted on their website is reward enough for me, let alone win the prize. Oh well, spoils big or small, I'll gladly receive them. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment